Re: [SLE] Mouse dead -- Second try
  • From: Stan Goodman <sgood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:27:11 +0300
** Reply to message from "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx> on
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 21:59:04 +0700

> On Thursday  July  :, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > I've installed v. -- I repartitioned the disk and installed from scratch,
> >
> > Whatever I did or didn't do, the system is now inoperable. When it boots,
> > the mouse is not frozen in the center of the screen. Its buttons also do
> > nothing. The only way I could shut the system down (twice) was with the
> > Reset button. Perhaps there was a way with the keyboard, but I don't know
> > it. I was able to bring up a Process List (but I'm not sure how I did that;
> > repeatedly pressing the Tab key moved the focus from field to field, so
> > apparently the keyboard was operational.
> >
> > How do I get out of this fix?
> >
> Dear Stan,
> Had the same problem and I got this answer.
>
> > Take a look at this old posting
> > http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/-Jun/.html
> >
> > It's possible you have a similar problem...
>
> My mouse is working since I made the change.

I'm very grateful for your reply. But the URL that you offer is unreadable,
because all the numerical characters in your message look like little houses --
a whole neighborhood -- presumably because you are using a Latin/Arabic
character set for your outgoing message. Could I trouble you to resend the URL
with a plain Latin character set -- e.g. ISO-8859-1?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

"When your enemy falls, do not rejoice." -- Proverbs 24:17

Windows is not the answer. Windows is the question; "No" is the answer.