Re: [SLE] Extracting Audio from Uncompressed *.mov Files
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:34:14 -0400
On Thursday 28 July 2005 13:49, Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have digitized an old audiotape on Mac with Formac DVStudio (analog
> audio/video to FireWire DV converter) and old analog tape player.
> Strangely enough, supplied Formac AudioWizard is able to create only
> *.mov file without video.
>
> The question is how to extract audio from uncompressed *.mov files and
> convert it to mp3 on Linux, where I have moved them?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I don't know with 100% certainty that sox will do exactly this extraction or a
conversion for you, but I've used it many times successfully for just these
kinds of crazy situations. I'd be surprised if didn't get you at least part
of the way to a solution. Look through 'man sox' and 'man soxexam'.

Good luck & regards,

- Carl

< Previous Next >