Re: [SLE] Poor Quality Scans from Kooka
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 17:16:29 -0400
William H Lugg wrote:
Well, since I got my scanner working again I started using Kooka to scan a
photo. I've noticed that the quality of the product is not too great. The
scanned image has several thin (maybe 1 or 2 pixels wide) vertical lines are
showing up in the light areas of the scans. I've cleaned the glass on the
scanner and have carefully examined the photos but can find nothing that
would cause them.

Has anyone seen this kind of problem in Kooka before and is there a solution?
What scanning frontend are others using that might produce better results?

I use xsane, as I've never been happy with kooka.