Re: [SLE] Video Cards w/ DVI
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 11:51:22 -0500
At 10:13 AM 5/2/2005, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hello, Jack,

I meant the vga connector. been a long morning already. they putting in new carpet an im having to play musical computers an printers/copy machines here.

What's SVG? I know it only as Scalable Vector Graphics.

I meant the vga connector. been a long morning already. they putting in new carpet an im having to play musical computers an printers/copy machines here.

There are DVI / USB KVM switches out there, but they're expensive (more
so than other KVMs, which are pretty overpriced already, if you ask
me). Also I have a mix of computers to (eventually) connect. One of
them, a yet-to-be-purchased Macintosh, only support USB, while the
other two have both PS/2 and USB. I have a company-supplied laptop that
has a DVI connector on its dock, but I don't the copmuter attached
actually has DVI output going to that connector. My current KVM is a
nice little IOGear, but it has only two ports handles only PS/2 and VGA
(this flat-panel display also has both VGA and DVI-I ports, and like
you, I'm using the VGA mode for now).

If I turn up something good, I'll pass it on.

Thanks :) . I have one 4 port connectgear kvm with ps2 /vga connectors an one manuel 2 port kvm switch. My work bench here has 2 monitors keyboards an mice on it with 5 computers right now an one open port for the 6th.

again thanks for info when you find one that does dvi

jack

< Previous Next >