Re: [SLE] Networking CUPS?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 19:37:53 +0200
Graham Smith wrote:

[snip]

For testing CUPS you should be using the commands that come with CUPS. Have a look at the manual that comes with cups before you end up messing up the config files again. http://localhost:631
I'll have a look at http://localhost:631 but will stay out of the files as much as possible, as, in theory, they work.

Firstly what is the output of
lpstat -t
on both your server and client.
Server:
hylton@Umalusi:~> lpstat -t
lpstat:Unable to connect to server: connection refused

Client:
hylton@Spy:~> lpstat -t
lpstat: Unable to connect to server: Resource temporarily unavailable

Kprinter has the problem of not recognising a new IP address if it has an IP address already set. Check on the client machine in ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprinterrc and make sure it has the correct IP address in it as shown below
[CUPS]
Host=<IP-Address>
Mine had the server name as the host and I changed it to the IP.
Tnx

Don't worry if there is no setting for your server as long as it doesn't have an invalid IP address.
The server I not worry about but I am wondering about your servername entry in the client.conf file as it seems to have 2 full stops after the IP ie 192.168.0.1 .. before your comment. I assume those should be deleted?

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1