Re: [SLE] OT: Getting the rollers on a Deskjet cleaned/oiled?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:19:41 -0400
Michael W Cocke wrote:
On Tue, 03 May 2005 15:44:12 -0700, you wrote:

Can this be done somewhere? Our Deskjet 990cxi is acting weird lately.
It's so good and has been so trusty (and I don't know anything cheap and
comparable that works with Linux out of the box) that I'm hesitant to
just throw it away and get a new printer. However, I want it to work
correctly. Do you know where you can (if you can) get something like
this worked on these days?

Preston

Use isopropal alcohol on a cotton pad (a pad, not a ball - you don't
need threads pulling loose). I think most places sell them as makup
application pads. Under NO circumstances use any type of solvent!
That's what HP taught me when I did their service tech course.

Ummm... Alcohol is a solvent. Perhaps he meant petroleum based solvent, which will likely attack rubber?

< Previous Next >