Suse 9.0 64 Bit installation /4xHDD Sata Raid Question
Hi to all,

Some questions about Suse 64 bit versions.

We have bought recently an Econel 200 server(Dual Xeon 2.8 64 bit) and I want to install suse on it. We want also to install a Sata Raid controller (4 x SATA HDD), we would like to build a RAID 10 configuration.

Now, I'm facing some questions. First I never installed a 64 bit system.

I found this raid controller at a good price:
http://www.promise.com/product/product_detail_eng.asp?segment=RAID%20HBAs&product_id=124
but it has drivers only for Suse 9.0. The support from promise told me that that driver won't work on suse 9.1 (because the kernel is 2.6)

>From what I read Suse 9.0 has still the 2.4 kernel.

Can I install 9.0 on this server? Does 9.0 know 64 bit Intel processors? Do I need a DVD or the CD's are enough. I ask this because I wanted to install 9.1 from the CD and there is only the 32 bit version.

Can someone also suggest some raid controllers that work with 9.1/9.2?

Best regards,
Andy.

  • No further messages