Re: [SLE] Mozilla woes
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 15:24:05 +0200
On Thursday 05 May 2005 15:09, Preston Crawford wrote:
> No, actually it seems to have gotten worse here. This used to be a place
> where, if you had a problem with the distro, you could talk about it.
> It's sad too. I love SuSE and push it everywhere I can. Have done so for
> years. And I used to hold the SuSE community in the highest regard. I
> hope this (both the software problems and the flaming when you complain)
> are just a blip.

Not really, Preston. Lots of people are discussing problems they have here
without getting flamed. It's just that most people don't accompany their
discussions with repeated threats to switch distros. That has always been a
very good way to piss people off on this list.

It is also a fact that not everyone sees the problem you had with firefox. I
for instance didn't have it. A friend of mine updated four machines, on three
of them firefox worked, on the fourth it didn't. That should be a clue that
this problem is tricky and not something guaranteed to be found before
release.