OpenOffice 2 beta How to have both the old one & beta?
  • From: Chaitanya Krishna A <icymist82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 22:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
hi,

--- James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So, has anyone else done this?
>
> I have had multiple copies of OpenOffice or
> StarOffice. No problem.

I have a copy of the OO beta. I am on SuSE 9.1. I want
to have both the old version and the beta running
concurrently on my system so that I can fall back on
the old one if the new one doesn't work properly. Can
someone tell me how to do this?

If I do
'rpm -Uvih *rpm' with the beta, I guess I will lose
the old version. Right?

Regards,
Chaitanya.