Benq FP731 TFT monitor
  • From: Gus Degreef <gustav97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:59:33 +0530
Dear Susers,

I am about to migrate a friend's linux installation to a new machine.
The old one has Red Hat 7.3 and is on a pentium II. The new machine
may include a Benq FP731 TFT monitor . I want to install Suse 9.3 on it. Does
anyone have any experience with this monitor? Will it be supported?
I googled
and found a lot of hits on what appear to be linux friendly sites, but they were
either in foreing languages or just commercial advertisements for the
hardware. I could not find any info on whether the monitor works
well with linux or not. Any tips, info about people's experience
would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We live in a semi rural area in India so the options for monitors is a
bit limited.
Gustav Degreef