Re: [SLE] Where are "X includes"
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:54:36 -0400
Sunny wrote:
On 5/6/05, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm trying to install Kmobiletools, but when I run configure, I get the
error message

"checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
your installation and add the correct paths!"

The README file mentions this error and says I have to provide the
appropriate paths. Where would I find these X includes files? I'm
running SuSE 9.2.

tnx jk

You need to install X devel rpms to get the includes. The they will be
under /usr/include

Sunny

That would be xorg-x11-devel and it does the trick. Now, to find out why it's choking on libz.

"checking for libz... configure: error: not found.
Possibly configure picks up an outdated version
installed by XFree86. Remove it from your system."

It's not likely picking up from an outdated version, as this was a fresh 9.2 install.

tnx