Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
  • From: Janne Karhunen <Janne.Karhunen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:57:35 +0300
On Saturday 07 May 2005 03:42, Preston Crawford wrote:

> If you can, go back to 9.2. I think there are far fewer problem with
> 9.2. At least from what I've seen on this list.

I've never given up on a SUSE installation to date, and
won't be starting now. It's getting up piece by piece,
but there's no way around the fact that SUSE is getting
entirely useless as it is to home users. This time i had
to rip out most of the stuff that previously made it so
great in the first place, such as the Mantel-kernel.

That said, it's not that 9.3 is all bad. Some of the work
done with it is just great. I really like what they have
done with the bootup sequence, desktops, xen, OO.org and
god knows what else. Polish 9.3 up, and you have a clear
winner when it comes to the Linux desktops.

--
// Janne