9.3 and XMMS Sound Problem
  • From: Andrei Verovski <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 13:01:36 +0300
Hi,

Just installed 9.3 and encountered strange problem. I know that many people
had sound problem on 9.3, but in my case sound DO work (in kaffeine, juk,
KDE, etc.). It does not work ONLY in xmms. Error message thrown by xmms
explains that either sound card not configured properly (however, it does),
either other program is blocking soundcard (it does not) either no correct
output plugin selected (I have automatic detection, manual selection of alsa
do not cure problem, too)

Please note I have xmms-lib-mad installed.

One thing I have noticed with Juk is that before I had Settings -> Output to
-> aRts, and now I have to select Settings -> Output to -> aKode (although I
have aRts installed).

It seems I do not understand something in sound architecture. Anyone can help
me with that problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion(s).

***   with best regards
***   Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
***   Mac, Linux, DTP, Programming Web Site
***
***   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/

  • No further messages