Re: [SLE] SUSE 9.3: buggy as hell
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 14:18:40 +0100
On 5/7/05, Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 14:17, Theo v. Werkhoven wrote:
> > Forgot to tell: without this patch init forced a fsck for all
> > filesystem in fstab (in /etc/init.d/boot.localfs), with automatic
> > repair. Not what you want..
>
> No, but not something you'd want to ignore either. It runs fsck with the -a
> flag, which will only switch to full repair mode if there are errors flagged
> in the file system. While this can take time, I don't think just bypassing it
> is the correct log term fix. It would be better to find out why the file
> system is flagged as broken
>

> --

Perhaps SuSe/Novell ought to think of a longer dealy period for new
revisions? Mandrake/Mandriva have done so. Instead of cutting edge
they are now looking at more stability and less bugginess. SuSE have
a loyal customer base and a rightly fantastic reputation for stability
but that can so easily be lost literally overnight.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street