Re: [SLE] 9.3 Login Show Users?
  • From: Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:50:55 -0400
On Sat May 7 2005 9:39 am, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > On my clean install of suse 9.3 I get the green login screen (KDE)
> > where I enter username and password. How can I change this to show
> > certain users with the icons as in previous versions? The KDE
> > website says to select "show users" in control panel, but I don't
> > see that option.
>
> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/04/wessels_kdm93.html
thanks, I also was looking for that info !

Edit /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager as user root and change then entry
DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME="SUSE"

DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME=""

To accomplish this, you have two possibilities:

1. Use YaST2 sysconfig editor:

* Start YaST2
* Go to 'System' -> '/etc/sysconfig Editor'
* Open: 'Desktop' -> 'Display manager' ->
'DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME'
* delete SUSE
* Click on finish

2. With an editor of your choice. You don't need to start a
graphical session as root, just follow these few steps:

* Press ALT+F2 -> type konsole -> and press run
* Type su - and press Enter
* Enter the password for the user root (please note, no * or
other signs will be displayed)
* Load the file with your favorite editor (for more
information please have a look at ASCII Editors
(http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2002/06/thallma_ascii_editor.html) )
* Change DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME="SUSE" to
DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME=""
* After you have made these changes, save the file, exit the
editor and run the command
SuSEconfig --module kdm3
--
Paul Cartwright