Re: [SLE] 9.3 Login Show Users?
  • From: "Jim Flanagan" <linuxjim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:34:43 -0500 (CDT)
> On Sat May 7 2005 9:39 am, Anders Johansson wrote:
>> > On my clean install of suse 9.3 I get the green login screen (KDE)
where I enter username and password. How can I change this to show
certain users with the icons as in previous versions? The KDE website
says to select "show users" in control panel, but I don't see that
option.
>> http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/04/wessels_kdm93.html
> thanks, I also was looking for that info !
>
> Edit /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager as user root and change then entry
DISPLAYMANAGER_KDM_THEME="SUSE"

Hi guys. This did not change my login. I used the yast method, no change.
I checked the displaymanager file and it does now have the value "", but
again, no change in login. I logged off and rebooted both, no change.

(Side question, does logout restart x? I don't see a restart x in the
options menu as before).

Any other suggestions?

--
Jim Flanagan