Re: [SLE] 9.3 Login Show Users?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 16:40:35 +0200
On Saturday 07 May 2005 16:34, Jim Flanagan wrote:
> Hi guys. This did not change my login. I used the yast method, no change.
> I checked the displaymanager file and it does now have the value "", but
> again, no change in login. I logged off and rebooted both, no change.

What does the DISPLAYMANAGER variable say in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager?
Could it be that it says xdm? If it does, do the following:

Log out
switch to a text console with ctrl-alt-f1
log in as root
run rcxdm stop
edit the /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager file and change DISPLAYMANAGER from xdm
to kdm
run rcxdm start

> (Side question, does logout restart x? I don't see a restart x in the
> options menu as before).

Yes, a logout will restart X, but not the display manager, which may at times
be necessary when you make changes to the display manager configuration.