Re: [SLE] 9.3 cron.daily run time [SOLVED]
  • From: Scott Leighton <helphand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 09:28:49 -0700
On Saturday 07 May 2005 8:51 am, Anders Johansson wrote:

> > > touch "with your timestamp" /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
> >
> > Thanks! That solved it. I did have to use the -t switch on touch,
> > e.g.,
> >
> > touch -t 200505070500 cron.daily
> >
> > Worked like a charm.
>
> I don't think so. That unfortunately doesn't seem to set the correct time
> stamp. Try
>
> find /var/spool/cron/lastrun -name cron.daily -printf "%c\n"
>
> The timestamp you see there is the one that will control when it's run.
>
> So far, the only way I've found to do it correctly is to do
>
> at 5am
>
> > rm /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
> > touch /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily
> > <ctrl-D>
>
> Make sure atd is running (rcatd start)

You are correct, all I changed was the mtime and the cron
script appears to be interested only in the ctime. A bit of
googling seems to indicate that it is not possible to change
the ctime, the only way is the one you mention above,
delete the file and create a new one.

I don't think I like this new way of handling crontabs.
Seems it is needlessly complex to me.

Thanks for pointing out the issue, I wouldn't have
noticed until tomorrow that the original solution
failed!

Scott

--
POPFile, the OpenSource EMail Classifier
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

< Previous Next >