Re: [SLE] 9.3 cron.daily run time
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 10:08:21 -0700
Ken,

On Saturday 07 May 2005 09:12, Ken Schneider wrote:

> What ever happened to using the system clock to schedule cron jobs?
> Seemed to work correctly for how many years? Now you schedule based
> on how long ago a file was created which is rather short sighted to
> me.

I believe the shortsightedness is your own.

Many users don't leave their systems running 24/7 and if the daily
processing scheduling was done in the manner you suggest, it would
simply be skipped if the system did not happen to be up at the selected
time.

> Like I have said in the past
> If it aint broke, don't fix it (break it)

More like "If you don't like it, lump it" or, perhaps, "My way or the
highway."

> --
> Ken Schneider

Randall Schulz