Re: [SLE] 9.3 cron.daily run time [SOLVED]
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 19:41:49 +0200
On Friday 06 May 2005 19:33, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> I'm fond of the "stat" command for this sort of thing.

Yeah, but using find is better in this case because it is actually find doing
the job in run-crons, so we know for sure that it is the same thing we're
talking about.

> This, of course, hinges on your definition of "correctly." I'm sure this
> will make some cringe (myself included), but I did it and it seemed not
> to cause anything catastrophic:
>
> % rm /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily; \
> date 050604002005.00; \
> touch /var/spool/cron/lastrun/cron.daily; \
> date 050610252005.00
> Fri May 6 04:00:00 PDT 2005
> Fri May 6 10:25:00 PDT 2005
>
> Of course, you have to choose the second date to correspond with the
> instant at which you plan to hit return and launch these commands.

Yeah, I prefer not to change system time if I don't absolutely have to. The
command doesn't have to be run until just before the run, and atd is perfect
for things like that.

< Previous Next >