Powersave suspend to disk and dual-booting using Grub menu
  • From: William S Fulton <wsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 21:36:32 +0100
Since upgrading to SUSE 9.3 from 9.1, I can no longer dual boot after doing a suspend to disk using powersaved. Previously the Grub graphical menu would appear when restarting, allowing me the option of booting into Windows. Now the Grub menu appears only for a fraction of a second, thereby not giving me a chance to select any of the Grub menu options. For some strange reason when the Grub menu appears it is in text mode, whereas a powerup after a proper powerdown shows the graphical Grub menu and gives me 8 seconds to select an alternative boot option from the menu.

How come the Grub menu is different after a suspend to disk?

William

< Previous Next >