Re: [SLE] lsmod
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 06:25:36 +0200
On Sunday 08 May 2005 06:20, Colin Carter wrote:
> Did you read how it effected my printing?

Yes, but without further investigation I'm not sure what caused it

> Given what you said, it sounds like the best thing I could do is
>
> change my host name back to MyPC
> Re-boot my PC.
> and try setting up my printer again
>
> But would it effect my ADSL, email, et cetera?

I have seen one ADSL connection which required you to have a particular host
name set. But then I've seen a few hundred that didn't. It is possible that
it has an effect, but extremely unlikely

Assuming you have a working internet connection, and assuming you're not
running your own mail server, your local host name should have no effect at
all on your email, that's a setting local to your email client.

As for "et cetera", it is possible that some program or other has the host
name hard coded, but you would have had to set it up manually, so you would
know about it.

> I need to "stay on air".

Understandable, but it shouldn't be a problem