Re: [SLE] 4 TB File Partition
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 12:50:29 -0400
Peter,

Please keep the list updated with your progress. I have not heard any
success stories with multi-TB filesystems yet. The PATA controllers
from 3ware I have used have a 1TB limit per RAID unit

(I know it is possible, but I have not used LVM etc. to build a bigger
virtual drive.)

FYI:
The 1 TB server I have now is too small. :(

I have a very tall tower that has 15 drive slots, I would love to
build a multi-TB fileserver out of that. :)

Also, very curious about performance, etc.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer