Re: FW: [SLE] Promise Driver - SUSE - ENT 9
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:24:03 -0500
At 01:05 PM 5/9/2005, Systems Administrator wrote:

Thanks for this...

Sadly I run 2 x 2 RAID1 disks, so I use all 4 Promise ports. I'll either
have to revert to RH 2.4 kernel, as it supports the Promise, or upgrade my
card to something that is visible in 2.6. If you know of a drive board, or
RAID board that does work, I'd love to hear about it!
I use 3ware raid cards here both ide an sata with no problems with suse . been using the ide raid cards from about verion 7 something an up with problems. Have one of the 3ware sata raid cards in server here running 9.,2 an it works like a charm. Have another one sitting on floor in box waiting for another machine to get here to put it in an will install 9.3 on it for my server at home.

jack

< Previous Next >