Please Help - 9.3 Sound Hell
  • From: Andrei <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:59:15 +0300
Hi,

I am still fighting to get sound working properly on 9.3 (with SBLive
5.1). On 9.2 I had no problems, but after I did fresh install (not
upgrade) of 9.3 I am experiencing endless problems. At the beginning,
I had sound at low volume, adjusting it in Yast worked until next
restart only. xmms was mute completely. After removing/installing
sound with Yast several times I´ve got sound working in all
applications at normal volume, but after first restart I have no
sound at all.

Tuning volume in alsa mixer and kamix do not help - the system still
mute as fish.

Anyone can suggest one-stop solution to solve it?

***   with best regards
***   Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
***   Mac, Linux, DTP, Programming Web Site
***
***   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/