Re: [SLE] Please Help - 9.3 Sound Hell
  • From: Andrei <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 23:37:24 +0300
> Hi Andrei:
>         There's a conflict with some of the sound setting in
> SuSE 9.1.  Go to the support knowledge database and
> search for 'mute sound card'.  Not sure if you're having
> the same problem in 9.3.
>         Hope this helps,

Hi, Mike,

Thanks a lot. There is possible conflict between alsa mixer and kde
mixer overwriting settings of the first. I did exactly what have been
said in SuSE sdb, and still have no sound neither from SBLive neither
from on-board CMI8738. Immediately after Yast Hardware Setup -> Sound
I can hear sound test, but then nothing from any app.

Everything was OK until I have installed 9.3 !!! I can even put back
my old HD with 9.2 and sound is working!

***   with best regards
***   Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)
***   Mac, Linux, DTP, Programming Web Site
***
***   http://snow.prohosting.com/guru4mac/