Re: [SLE] 4 TB File Partition
  • From: Allen <gorebofh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 17:32:12 -0400
On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 10:03:49AM -0400, Peter M. Bloomfield wrote:

> I have built a system a couple of 3Ware 12 port SATA RAID controllers (model
> 9500s-12MI). I have attached 12 Hitachi 400 GB disks each of the 3Ware
> controller and have built a level 5 RAID through the 3Ware software. When the
> system is booted it sees the devices as scsi disks, /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc.
>
> The problems I have come when I define a partition table for the disks. I can
> able to define a file system larger than 2GB using reiserfs. I can not create
> two partitions of 2TB each, e.g. sdb1 and sdb2. I have looked on the web and
> seen that the limit for reiserfs is 16TB, so I know it is something I have
> overlooked, or have made a mistake with (more likely). I have searched for a
> 'how to' to walk me through this, but with no success.
>
> System:
> Motherboard : Tyan Thunder i7520/S5360
> CPU : 2 x 2.8 GHz Xeon
> Memory : 2 GB
> OS : SuSE 9.2 64-bit (still waiting for 9.3)
> Kernel : 2.6.8-24.14-smp

;O

Well, you can send me that box, I'll work it out somehow!

Damn man, all my disk space put together doesn't equal that big...... And
it's a Xeon!!!! Can I ask where and how you got this thing? How much did it
cost?

another thing, what are you using to partition? Cfdisk could maybe do it or
the YAST partition tool whatever it uses.