Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: Ben Higginbottom <benh.suse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:54:56 +0100
On 5/10/05, SuSE Ground Zero <suse_x@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Predictable ... now I guess we gonna see some damage control and smoke
> screens from Novell. SuSE brand was mortified from 9.2 version allready,
> now it is just dying faster.

Why are you and Preston never seen together? :-)

Seibert seemed to have been parachuted into the role as boss of Suse
in order to ease the Novell buyout. Thats happened, the Suse business
unit is seems to be generating a tidy sum for Novell. Looks like he's
done a pretty good job and decided to move on, more than likely back
to IBM with a comfortable VP role in the Linux division.

Seibert has also been with Suse for ~ 2 1/2 years which is a pretty
good run for someone at that level.

Regards,

Ben