Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <lmstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:08:37 -0400
On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 09:54 am, Ben Higginbottom wrote:
> On 5/10/05, SuSE Ground Zero <suse_x@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Predictable ... now I guess we gonna see some damage control and
> > smoke screens from Novell. SuSE brand was mortified from 9.2
> > version allready, now it is just dying faster.
>
> Why are you and Preston never seen together? :-)
Shhhh! You'll give away the secret! ;-)

> Seibert seemed to have been parachuted into the role as boss of Suse
> in order to ease the Novell buyout. Thats happened, the Suse business
> unit is seems to be generating a tidy sum for Novell. Looks like he's
> done a pretty good job and decided to move on, more than likely back
> to IBM with a comfortable VP role in the Linux division.
>
> Seibert has also been with Suse for ~ 2 1/2 years which is a pretty
> good run for someone at that level.
No disagreement in principle from me. I just expected more "1+1=3"
offerings from Novell/SuSE in the past year. And the one "1+1=3"
offering I tried to use I found would work only for new, not existing
clients. I think they could have done a better job there. Plus, SLES9
unit sales were not up as much as I think anyone expected/hoped, given
the backing of Novell's sales force, IBM's support, and all the free
publicity from the acquisition.

A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business."

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com