RE: [SLE] Suse Linux information required - New user
  • From: Cleary_Mike@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:41:29 -0400
Welcome to Linux - and especially SuSe!

1. Open the YaST Control Center
2. Click on "Online Update"
3. Choose an installation source from the list, then click "Next".
4. Pick the patches you want to install from the list shown

OR, during step 3, choose not to manually select patches (uncheck the box if
it is checked), and click on "Configure Fully Automatic Update". This will
then automatically update your machine when there is a new patch that is
relevant to the software installed on your machine.

That's a quick summary - but it is pretty easy.

Enjoy!

Mike
cleary_mike@xxxxxxx
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary
and those that don't.