Suse vs RH
  • From: Matthew Stringer <qube@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:54:35 +0100
Hi,

I posted on here last month that a client of mine wished to benchmark Suse
9.1/SEL9 Vs Red Hat ES4.

We ran 6 identical 64 bit machines load ballenced running a high volume
website with Apache and Informix.

The Suse boxes outstripped the Red Hat ones by 2-1; the response time is
almost twice as quick and the CPU/MEM usage is much lower.

Both boxes were exactly the same spec running linux built with the same
packages and configs.

I would have thought that they would have been almost exactly the same. Can
anyone explain why there would be such a difference?

I've always waved the Suse flag but this is ridiculous!

Matthew

< Previous Next >