Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: michael norman <michaeltnorman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 17:56:44 +0100
On Thursday 12 May 2005 12:22, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 May 2005 01:53, SuSE Ground Zero wrote:
> > So am I am a SuSE user from 5.3 version, for whom might it concern
> > yes I hate Novell also Microsoft but I learned that I have to live
> > with it. Lately Novell smashed everything about SuSE QA it is a fact,
> > demonstrated by a every time lower quality 9.0 was best also 9.1 but
> > 9.2 and 9.3 are jokes about the real linux experience.
>
> Balderdash! That's absolute drivel and rubbish. I too have been using
> SUSE since 5.3, and I say 9.3 is by far the best ever (and it's getting
> rave reviews, even from eWeek!). Talk to some of the beta testers
> before you say QA is "smashed".

Hate to do a "me too" but I've bought every SUSE since 6.1. 9.3 is without
any doubt the best yet. I've also played around with some other distros
recently, mostly a couple of Slackwares (10.1 and minislack) and a couple of
the debian/knoppix clones (Mepis, Kanotix) and 9.3 is far superior to any of
them.

I posted this in frustration at the series of " Novell is ruining SUSE" rants
which seem to be based largely on a mix of paranoia and taking seriously some
really idiotic reviews and articles, notably those from The Inquirer. I just
wish it would stop.

Mike