Re: [SLE] Novell Linux Leaders Flee
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:16:14 -0400
On Thu, 12 May 2005 14:51:11 +0200, you wrote:

>Red Hat has the advantage of being the flavor of choice in America,

I'd want to see proof of that statement. Red Hat made a LOT of people
unhappy when they killed their consumer line. Fedora is too unstable
to use for anything like production, the artificial limits they
inserted to make AS, ES, and WS is exactly how Microsoft makes XP pro
vs. XP home, which leave a bad taste. Their 'support' isn't very
good... I could go on for quite a while.

Having purchased 14 support contracts for 9.0 the month before they
orphaned it, I'm very biased, but I haven't run across any _business
users_ who disagree with me. I've run across a lot of business users
who are running SuSE (several of which are my clients), and a few
running Mandrake... even one running Gentoo (seriously odd hardware
running a vertical app - driving a metal fabrication laser cutting
system). No Redhat.

Mike-

--
Mornings: Evolution in action. Only the grumpy will survive.
--

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have installed site-wide spam
filters at catherders.com. If email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,