Re: [SLE] "Linux leaders flee Novell"...
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 19:49:32 -0400
On Thursday 12 May 2005 12:56 pm, michael norman wrote:
> Hate to do a "me too" but I've bought every SUSE since 6.1.  9.3 is without
> any doubt the best yet.  I've also played around with some other distros
> recently, mostly a couple of Slackwares (10.1 and minislack) and a couple
> of the debian/knoppix clones (Mepis, Kanotix) and 9.3 is far superior to
> any of them.
>
> I posted this in frustration at the series of " Novell is ruining SUSE"
> rants which seem to be based largely on a mix of paranoia and taking
> seriously some really idiotic reviews and articles, notably those from The
> Inquirer.  I just wish it would stop.

You are not alone! Yes, when SUSE could do something better, I'm "on it" and
some don't like it - to bad. I want to see SUSE/Novell do much better, but
I'm also a VERY staunch supporter!! The article in the Inquirer is so much
junk, IMHO and should be recognized for be such. I've had some tweaking to do
here and there in 9.3, but you're right - it's THE BEST YET, including being
faster.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."

< Previous Next >