Re: [SLE] automounting of Floppy 9.3 [solved: NOT automounting]
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:30:19 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2005-04-26 at 04:33 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> > How does one switch back to automounting the floppy under 9,3? The
> > user mounting is spotty.
>
> I need the opossite.
>
> How do I dissable the damm (sorry) automount now?

The SDB has just published the long waited answer (10.05.2005) - thanks to
Hipolito A. for pointing this to me in SLS list:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_subfs_nomount.html
Conventional Mounting Instead of subfs

This other article helps decipher the above:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_hal_mountpoints.html
Mounting to Static Mount Points

I can expand on the above a bit, I have just disabled automounting
of the cdrom and floppy on my PC - just ask, I'm about to close for
the day.

It is the new daemon HAL (hardware abstraction layer). There is no mention
of this in the administration manual. The specification is documented in
/usr/share/doc/packages/hal/spec, but I don't see a user manual.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >