Yast install from ISO images
  • From: Allison Maury <alli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 13:09:26 +0200
Hi,

I have SLES 9 installed.

I have followed the directions from the following Cool Solutions page

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/feature/8973.html

for saving images of the install CDs to the hard disk so that I can install packages without the CDs. So, I ripped the CDs to the hard disk, then mounted the 5 image files, and then changed the source of installation within yast. The problem is that when I try to install something, for example logsurfer (medium is CD2), it's still asking me to insert 'SUSE CORE Version 9 CD 2.' I don't know if it's related to the warning that I get for the last 3 cds ("There is no product information available..."). But the Cool Solutions page says it's safe to continue with this warning. I have installed 2 packages though this method, but it hangs on most.

Did I forget something? Any ideas?

THANKS!

< Previous Next >