Re: [SLE] automounting of Floppy 9.3 [solved: NOT automounting]
  • From: "Hipolito A. Gonzalez M." <hgonzale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:27:33 -0400
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Tuesday 2005-04-26 at 04:33 +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:

How does one switch back to automounting the floppy under 9,3? The
user mounting is spotty.

I need the opossite.

How do I dissable the damm (sorry) automount now?

The SDB has just published the long waited answer (10.05.2005) - thanks to Hipolito A. for pointing this to me in SLS list:

You are welcome my friend!
But this is a long history, anow now, is starting!!!

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_subfs_nomount.html
Conventional Mounting Instead of subfs

This other article helps decipher the above:

http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2005/05/dkukawka_hal_mountpoints.html
Mounting to Static Mount Points

I can expand on the above a bit, I have just disabled automounting of the cdrom and floppy on my PC - just ask, I'm about to close for the day.

It is the new daemon HAL (hardware abstraction layer). There is no mention of this in the administration manual. The specification is documented in /usr/share/doc/packages/hal/spec, but I don't see a user manual.

Una prensa libre es el gran enemigo de los dictadores.
Independientemente de sus abusos, sus debilidades, sus
errores. Una prensa libre es la gran aliada y defensora
de la democracia.

Charlos S. Shapiro
Embajador de USA en la Rep. de Venezuela
Martes, 20 de Mayo 2003