Re: [SLE] Novell Linux Leaders Flee
  • From: "C. Richard Matson" <goldfarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:47:37 -0700
On Friday May 13 2005 8:12 am, jonlists wrote:
> In the same boat here...... we had customers who had support contracts
> with Redhat until they were abandoned, and now we are steadily moving all
> of those customers to Suse, typically SLES.
>
> I don't understand the statement that RedHat is still the flavor of choice
> in the U.S. That may have been the case in the past, but I don't think
> it's true anymore.

Here the Red Hat fans have mostly gone to Debian. There was some interest in
SUSE until one of our "hotshots" flubbed a net install of SUSE at a LUG
meeting. They refuse to buy the distros. Or even show someone how to install
from the CD's. Our attendance at the meetings is steadily dropping and there
is a tremendous amount of resistance to change. If it isn't old traditional
Unix - it isn't accepted. Rich
--
Rich Matson
Reno, Nv. USA