Re: [SLE] Installing other distros RPM packages?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:37:52 +0200
On Sunday 15 May 2005 22:25, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Or look at mozilla, openoffice or eclipse. They aren't written in c++ so
> there you have one size fits all.

That was exceptionally silly, wasn't it. They are written in c++ and you do
have the libstdc++ problems with them, for example the java plugin problem
from a few years ago.

But anyway, the point is that we don't have the unix situation, we just rely
on the gcc c++ project way too much (as far as I'm aware, other compilers
have had a stable C++ ABI for some time, so this isn't something that's
"needed for progress", the usual excuse for not having a stable kernel driver
ABI)

< Previous Next >