Re: [SLE] OT: Archive to multiple volumes
  • From: Andreas Philipp <andreas.philipp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:19:45 -0500
Joe:

El Lun 16 May 2005 12:20, Joe Tseng escribió:
> Is there a way for me to create a series of sequential
> archival files of more manageable size (say ~700MB)?

For backing up and archiving to multiple slices I like the dar backup utility
very much. There even is a very nice graphical frontend for your KDE desktop.
You don't say which version of SuSE you are using and I don't know if binary
rpm archives are being provided. I have installed both the dar libraries as
the kdar graphical frontend from sources.

Look here:

DAR: http://dar.linux.free.fr/
KDAR: http://kdar.sourceforge.net/

Regards,