Re: [SLE] Laptop and Intel 2200BG
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 22:59:10 +0200
On 5/13/05, Joe Zitnik <JZitnik@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a Micron Laptop running Suse Professional 9.1. It has a Intel
> centrino 2200bg NIC. I went to the sourceforge page for installing this
> NIC, downloaded the latest firmware and driver files. I placed the
> firmware files in the correct location, and ran the make for the driver.
> I know I must be missing a step. How do I get the card to appear as
> one of my options under the networking devices in YAST? Please be
> gentle, I'm still learning on this stuff.

If I remeber correctly, with SuSE 9.1 you need to configure the
interface manually and set the module to use as ipw2200.

In YaST network configuration, you need to select the 'Other (not
detected)' entry and then set all the fields manually.

Select 'Device type' as wireless and enter ipw2200 as the module. Then
carry on with the config as normal.

Only since SuSE 9.2, the card is detected by YaST.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.za.org