no nfs sever for 9.1
  • From: Dave Driscoll <ddriscoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:32:04 -0400
Hi,

Trying to get nfs server working. Nfs client works but when I try to export a
directory to the machine that serves nfs mounts to the suse machine it times
out without connecting. I have opened up permissions (chmod 777) on the
directory I want to export. I've tried to mount with both Yast and command
line.
I've tried variaous entries in /etc/exports. portmap and rpc.mountd are both
running.
rpc.nfsd does not seem to run as a daemon. I have tried rcnfsserver restart
and running it directly from the command line and it appears to exit
immediately with no error messages. Does anyone know the magic word or have
some suggestions for how to trouble-shoot this?

Thanks,
Dave Driscoll