Re: [SLE] Internal LAN cannot reach the wild Internet
  • From: Ronald Wiplinger <ronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 03:08:10 +0800
Ken Schneider wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 01:22 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

Ken Schneider wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 00:46 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

Ken Schneider wrote:

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 00:28 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

How do you connect to the internet? It looks like you are using a public
address on eth1 which I am not sure is appropriate. I would expect a
ppp0 or adsl0(?) interface which connects to the internet through your
ISP.

The public IP is correct. The machine is really on the "wild Internet"

bye

Ronald

Again, how do you connect to the internet?, my crystal ball is broken.
There has to be some device you plug into, unless your ISP ran a
v e r y l o n g cat 5 cable to your place.

Your crystal ball is not brocken, ... I DO have fix public IP addresses here, ... if you see it as a LONG cat 5 cable or a fiber is not important.

eth1 is connected to the Internet, eth0 is connected to the LAN

So you have a ethernet connection that requires no cable, modem or
hardware other then the ethernet card. Interesting.

Of course in the Ethernet port is an Ethernet cabel, which goes to a hub, ..

I am sure you have never seen that before, right?

You do not need necessary to have a DSL to be connected, you can be connected to a hub, ....

Knowing that, what is your suggestion to get the LAN connected to the Internet?

bye

Ronald