Re: [SLE] Internal LAN cannot reach the wild Internet
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 17:28:55 -0400
On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 21:15 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2005 19:00, Ken Schneider wrote:
> > There has to be some device you plug into, unless your ISP ran a
> > v e r y l o n g cat 5 cable to your place.
>
> Just as an FYI, where I used to live in Sweden all the flats had an ethernet
> socket in the wall. Just plug'n'play. There doesn't always have to be a DSL
> or something

Which is why I was asking for further info. The original post stated
that eth1 was not coming up/connecting which could mean many different
things could be wrong/bad. At least now we know he at least connects to
a hub but failed to state what the hub connected to so we could offer
further help.

--
Ken Schneider