postfix and procmail
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:03:56 -0400
I am trying to get postfix to work with procmail but I am missing
something somewhere. I have amavisd-new-2.2.1-5 included in the mail
process as per its instructions. I created a /etc/procmailrc file with a
couple of rules:

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
VERBOSE=yes
#LOGABSTRACT=all

# Send all mail through SpamAssassin

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

# drop most spam

:0 h
/dev/null

I know this is a little aggressive for spam, but this machine should
only receive list mail and little else. I use my ISP email address for
all other email. I think sa is being called directly by postfix but not
sure, it might be called by amavis. I think I need to set procmail as
the local delivery agent but have not been able to find any docs on how
to do this.
main.cf and master.cf files available on request, off list, due to the
size of the files and that the list does not allow attachments.

Thanks,

--
Ken Schneider