Re: [SLE] KWiFimanager NFG again!!!
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 10:46:54 -0400
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 10:36 -0400, James Knott wrote:
> I've recently installed SuSE 9.3 on my ThinkPad. And for the fourth
> time, KWifimanager doesn't work (it also didn't work in 9.0, 9.1 & 9.2).
> This time, when starting it, I get the error message
>
> "KCrash: Application 'kwifimanager' crashing...
> *** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x0819cde1 ***
> Unable to start Dr. Konqi"
>
> Also, the Wifi config panel in the Control Center, which uses the same
> config screen as kwifimanager can now save, but has absolutely no effect
> on the wifi configuration. It apparently saves the info to
> /root/.kde/share/config/kcmwifirc, but the wifi config is stored in
> /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-wlan-id-00\:20\:e0\:8a\:a6\:ce. There
> appears to be no mechanism to effect the changes.
>
> Is there any way to get this to work as intended?
>
> Why, after all this time and at least four versions, can't KDE & SuSE
> make something that works???

Do you by chance have netapplet installed, it is supposed to interface
with kwifimanager.

Description :
netapplet is a freedesktop.org notification area applet that allows
users to change between various network devices or networks in one
click. It includes support for switching between wireless network
ESSIDs as well as more traditional ethernet devices.

from kde.org:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bugs-dist&m=111499117518440&w=2

--
Ken Schneider