Re: [SLE] HP Pavillion ZV5000 (AMD64)
  • From: Hans du Plooy <hansdp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:32:08 +0200
> On 5/18/05, Art Fore <art.fore@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I downloaded and installed the latest nvidia 7174 driver for amd-64.
> > Still same problem with nvidia driver, it locks up and is a blue-green
> > splotchy background with a few horiz line running through it. Screen
> > resolution is set to exactly LCD 1680x1050 which is what the screen is.
[snip]

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:02 -0600, JD. Brown wrote:
> Don't worry Art, I've been running SUSE 9.3 for some time and I can honestly
> tell you that I cannot get none of the Nvidia site drivers to work and the
> Yast online update does not work either.

I don't know if it's the newer driver (I can't get the older ones to
compile) or something to do with SUSE, but I get a similar problem. My
screen just goes into DPMS mode and switches of, keyboard is dead, I
have to ssh in and reboot it.

I have figured out tho that if I cheat a little on the scanrates in Sax2
- use 30-51 instead of 30-54 in my case it works, although at a slightly
lower refresh rate - 62hz instead of 69hz.

--
Hans du Plooy
SagacIT (Pty) Ltd

< Previous Next >