Installing 9.3 with floppies - can someone help?
  • From: Hugo <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:33:17 +0300
Hi!

I have the DVD for 9.3 (and the 5 CD rom set as well)... but the
laptop where I want to install 9.3 does not have CD drive (or DVD for
that matter). How do I install?

I thought I'd boot with floppies and then set the installation source
either over NFS from another SuSE 9.2 box or over samba from a windows
laptop. But I just didn't find any floppies for 9.3? Maybe I looked
from the wrong place? I did find them for the 9.2 (3 + 5 modules
disks)... but I'd really like to run 9.3 as it has some programs and
features that I'm really interested in.

In addition to floppies, I can boot the laptop to Knoppix with the
Knoppix Terminal server (PXE-boot)... can I somehow start the
installation of SuSE 9.3 from Knoppix?

I also have another server that has faulty CD drive (that can not be
used to boot) and no DVD and I'd like to install the same SuSE 9.3
there also. So I believe that the same procedure applies.... I just do
not know how to do it without the floppies that I didn't find. Maybe
I'm just blind... can anybody help?

--
HG