LaTeX and accentuation!
  • From: Herbert Georg <hcgeorg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 19:26:20 -0300
I'm from Brasil and I have LaTeX2e installed in my suse 9.2. I have already saned the problem about the hyphenation by editing the language.dat file as recommended by Alberto Vecchiato in an earlier post here.
But still I have a problem. All my colleagues that use latex are able to type accented characters, like "á" or "à", directly to their ".tex" file, instead of typing "\'a" or "\`a", and compile it succesfully, producing the desired font in the ".dvi" file. I cannot, and I don't know why. Take a look at my preamble:

\documentclass[a4paper,12pt,portuguese,openright,twoside]{report}
\usepackage[brazil]{babel}
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage[small]{caption2}

In principle, the "\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}" command would do it. But it doesn't for me. Has anybody any clue of what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance
Herbert

< Previous Next >