Re: [SLE] Novell Linux Leaders Flee
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 07:56:34 -0400
its2am@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
A couple of people mentioned the statement of mine that Red Hat is the
flavor of choice in the US, and asking for corroborative evidence,
e.g.:

I don't understand the statement that RedHat is still the flavor of choice
in the U.S. That may have been the case in the past, but I don't think
it's true anymore.

My opinion is based solely on evidence in the news recently, and here
are some examples:

***
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/23/red_hat_results_q3_05/

"Red Hat yesterday said its sales rose 55 per cent during its third
quarter of fiscal 2005, reaching $50.9m from the year-ago total,
$32.8m.
Q3's sales were ten per cent higher than Q2's."
***

And how does that compare with SuSE's results? You can't just take one company resultst like that, without comparison with others and claim it's the market leader. What if SuSE was up 60%?

< Previous Next >